Tuesday, May 6, 2008

How far do you believe in Zodiac Sun Signs?


Yesterday one of my office colleagues Swarup threw a birthday party at his place here in New York. He is currently staying alone, and so it was great fun enjoying the occasion with rock music, beer party and lots of junk food. The party started at around 10 p.m. and my other colleagues and I decided to stay over night as it was getting pretty late.


It happened so that one of the guys made a slapstick remark on Swarup’s personality of being like a bull in a ring with a toreador. I don’t really know what that meant, but it certainly sounded weird. He added that all the Taureans are like that, since Swarup’s zodiac sign is Taurus.


Soon then another colleague opined that it was not true and zodiac signs are nothing but rubbish. They do not hold any relevance and just exist so that horoscope tellers can make some earning out of it, and that majority of the people in this world are superstitious.


The manner in which he replied was certainly funny. It made me laugh like crazy. But, I disagreed with him to some extent. My birthday lies on September 10 and I’m a Virgo. So far, whatever I’ve heard about Virgo characteristics, it matches well with my personality. Well, that’s what I’ve noticed at least. For example, Virgos are logical and usually like to analyse things, along with being patient and humorous, which is what I’m too.


It is amazing that this discussion went on till about half an hour, with each and every one having something or the other to say. Majority were against zodiacs saying that they are baseless, but I certainly do believe in them to some extent. What about you?

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template