Saturday, December 27, 2008

My quest for my first muscle car


Not too recently, I have been trying to revive one of my old passions – cars. And not just any cars, because the ones I love are the typical classic American muscle cars. Ask me to choose between a Lamborghini Murcielago and a 69’ Ford Mustang, and I will definitely opt for the latter.

Everyone may not love these huge cars with their high-powered engines, but I certainly have had a thing for them ever since my adolescence. While other guys were pinning up posters of women in skimpy clothes, I had posters of the Dodge Charger, the Ford Shelby Mustang, the Pontiac GTO and many more. There’s just something about these cars that drives me wild! Some might say it’s the sheer power and size, and some might say that it’s the retro styling or the way they drive, but I just can’t sum it up. They never cease to impress me!

I recently went down to a muscle car convention with a friend of mine, and boy, was I in heaven! They had every car I had ever dreamed about as a boy, and seeing them in the flesh, all together at the same time was a real treat for me. There were plenty of Shelby Cobras, Pontiac Tempests, Ford Mustangs, Chevrolet Impalas, and a couple of the older ones such as the Oldsmobile Rocket, Pontiac Star Chief and many more. I was all but drooling at the sight of these majestic beauties.

I haven’t gotten around to buying one myself, but I am eagerly on the lookout for a Shelby Mustang or a Pontiac GTO. I cannot wait for the day I find the perfect match!

0 comments:

Template by - Abdul Munir | Daya Earth Blogger Template